[ecf-dev] GSoC ECF ideas.... Yahoo EPL'ed version or SIP/VoIP??

Hi,

I'm Rajeev Sampath, a student of Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.

For this year's GSoC, I'm interested in two ideas related to ECF.

1. Implementing an EPL'd version of the Yahoo protocol and developing a provider for it.
2. SIP VoIP implementation.

Regarding the yahoo implementation..... is there a specific reason for this project other than building a ECF specific implementation and doing it at own pace of ECF (without waiting till third party libraries get adapted whenever yahoo modifies its protocol) ? Since there's an already working provider supplied by OSU OSL, is there a specific reason to have another EPL'd implementation?

Regarding the SIP VoIP implementation, since the ECF's softphone capabilities are still at a basic stage, is it more desirable to take this on rather than the yahoo implementation?
If so, is it ok if we implement SIP/SDP for the singaling part ourselves and then use some third party open source libraries for media transport (RTP) such as jRTP?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rajeev

Back to the top