Re: [ecf-dev] Initial upload of jSLP provider to ecf1.osuosl.org

At 08:18 AM 10/14/2007, Scott Lewis wrote:

RE: restructuring CVS...yes, but moving to SVN has other implications (first off: not sure whether platform/equinox can use SVN for build, and ECF will have core + filetransfer bundles as part of provisioning).

And I have a general question RE: SVN...are the Eclipse clients (subclipse or other) high-functioning now (e.g. compare/merge, etc)?

In any event...SVN is a possibility, but I'm not sure if it's the best thing yet...maybe...I remain open to it myself. Others please chime in positively or negatively for ECF.

You would need to modify portions of the Foundation's PDE build in all locations where CVS map files are used and CVS I/O is performed. Not a small job but not a major project either. The drag on resources though is manual update of the Foundation's PDE build each time they provide a new PDE build release.

Also, the Eclipse Foundation would require a complete IP audit of all source code moving over to a SVN repository as the CVS source code transistion records are being replaced. At least, I suggest checking with Bjorn on this matter.

Pete

Back to the top