Re: [Dltk-dev] FS/OSS debugger for TCL?

Jae Gangemi wrote:
---[clip]---

>   please do report back on your findings, i'd be very interested to hear
> what they have to say about this.

Final report:

I had the quoted exchange below with the good people at
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  The answer is that they have do *not*
currently offer the TCL debugger as a separate product under an Free or
no-cost license.  And then have no plans to do so.

There you have it.

---[begin quoted email]---

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your email, and thank you for your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, the Tcl debugger engine that you want does require
purchase of Komodo IDE, and there are currently no plans to alter either
the bundling or the licensing for the Tcl debugger.

Let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

best regards,

Graham Stuart
Technical Support Engineer
ActiveState - Dynamic Tools for Dynamic Languages
http://www.ActiveState.com

Alan Dayley <adayley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > (Sorry for the long quotes of messages below.  I want you to have the
> > history of the conversation if you wish to see it.)
> >
> > I am exploring the use of Eclipse for TCL development.  There is a new
> > plugin for Eclipse known as the Dynamic Language Tool Kit (DLTK).  It
> > brings awareness of the TCL language to Eclipse.  It is able to do
> > step-wise debugging of TCL code IF the ActiveState Komodo TCL debugger
> > engine is available.
> >
> > According to Joanna in your sales department, the TCL debugger engine is
> > only licensed as part of the Komodo IDE.  Several of the other language
> > debuggers have open licenses.  Joanna suggested I ask you if there is
> > any possibility of an open license or a separate license for the TCL
> > debugger.
> >
> > Can the TCL debugger be licensed for use separate from the Komodo IDE?
> >
> > This is perhaps a redundant request.  I appreciate your time.
> >
> > Alan

---[end quoted email]---

Alan

Back to the top