Re: [Dltk-dev] FS/OSS debugger for TCL?

Jae Gangemi wrote:

>   please do report back on your findings, i'd be very interested to hear
> what they have to say about this.

Reporting as ordered, sir!  ;^)

This is from a brief email discussion with sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----[begin quoted email]-----

Alan Dayley <adayley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thank you for the timely response.
>
>I don't feel this is a direct answer to my question.  My question was:
>
>"I note that several of the other language debug engines are under
>various open source licenses.  Are the TCL and Javascript engines not
>available for no cost licensing?  Can you provide them under some no
>cost license for those of us who use Eclipse along with ActiveTCL?"
>
>Am I to understand from your reply that the TCL debugging component can
>*only* be licensed by purchasing the Komodo IDE?

Hi, sorry I didn't answer your question directly. Yes, at this time, the
TCL debugging component can *only* be licensed by purchasing the Komodo
IDE. In the future there may be other options but it is still too soon
to tell. Also, there is a tcl debugger available in our Tcl Dev Kit
however, that too carries a cost of $245 USD.

There is debugging that is built in to tcl itself however, that is
probably not enough for what you need. You may check out our free
ActiveTcl distribution at:
  http://www.activestate.com/Products/activetcl/

For more technical information please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to:  http://community.activestate.com/