Re: [Dltk-dev] FS/OSS debugger for TCL?

  you can get access to the debugging engine here: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebugging

  i'm 99% sure the tcl plugin actually provides a 'link' in the preference page that will send you to that same page to download the engine.

  i just checked, and it seems that the tcl engine is covered under the same license as komodo itself, so i'm not 100% sure what it means if you are interested in using just the engine outside of komodo. it appears that all of the engines are covered under different licenses, which makes this all the more difficult.

  i would guess that most people would just grab a copy of the engine and use it without regard to the actual licensing terms since it is available as a seperate download (not that i am recommending/advocating that). your best bet would probably be to just email the activestate folks and ask them directly. given that they release all the other engines under more 'open' licenses, they may just do the same here.

  please do report back on your findings, i'd be very interested to hear what they have to say about this.