[Dltk-dev] Re: as-you-go validation for Ruby code?

Thx for answering pretty fast Andy

I didn't mean to submit it twice because I sent it with two different emails and I didn't know both are subscribed, but I apologize, hope no-one is irritated.

>Did you look at the DLTK source for how the validation is performed?
> That's where I'd look first.
I took a look on the SSE but as I read the extension point SSE provides is only for SSE editor. My editor is a text editor. So I will try to look at DLTK "HOWTO validation"

I don't use Ruby so I don't know how the errors are delineated. It
should be pretty specific, however.
What you mean it should be pretty specific? and what language do you use? Maybe I can understand the mechanism of sending code and getting validation for it.

Perhaps you will get a better answer to this question if you describe
why you want a ruby parser.
We are making a Rails IDE and we want to to have as-you-go validation for the ruby code in the <% %> and <%= %> tags in an .rhtml file.

--
Best Regards,

Hisham ElHifnawi
Computer Science Senior,