Re: [Dltk-dev] FS/OSS debugger for TCL?

No, I know of no technical reason that it would not work.  I was under
the impression that it is not licensed for no cost.  I'm not against
paying for tools but, I am investigating no cost solutions before going
to the boss with a purchase request.  I'll go look for licensing
information on the ActiveState website.

By "direct download" do you mean it is licensed for no cost?

Alan

Jae Gangemi wrote:
>   as far as i am aware, the only dbgp implementation for tcl is the one
> provided by activestate - i am not aware of any open source projects
> going on to create one, and i'm not sure if there are any plans to
> create one along the same lines as the 'basic ruby' debugger that is
> part of the ruby dltk plugin.
>
>   activestate does provide a direct download for the tcl debugger, you
> don't need a copy of komodo to get it. i've actually spoken to some of
> the komodo/dbgp/activestate folks over protocol implementation
> inconsistencies in all of their engines, so they are aware we are using
> them, and have not expressed any concerns over it.
>
>   is there a reason that engine would not work for you?
>
> On 10/23/07, *Alan Dayley* < adayley@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:adayley@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I found references that the only DLTK supported single-step debugger
>     for
>     TCL is a proprietary one from ActiveState.  Not that I begrudge anyone
>     making money on development tools but I wondered about the availability
>     of a FS/OSS debugger for TCL.
>
>     Is there one available?  If not, is one in the works?
>
>     Alan

Back to the top