Object Teams - Download
All downloads are provided under the terms and conditions of the Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement unless otherwise specified.
Between releases Indigo (2011) and 2020-06, Object Teams was a member of the Simultaneous Release Train.
For these versions no further URL must be configured for installing the OTDT and/or OT/Equinox.
Simply select the update site corresponding to the release at https://download.eclipse.org/releases/version name
and open the Programming Languages category.
Newer releases of Object Teams are distributed separately via the market place entry and the update sites listed below.
Integration builds towards OTDT 2.8.2
|Matching Eclipse Version||Command Line Compiler||New & Noteworthy||Bugs Fixed|
|Build 202103070142 Repo|
|Build 202012220836 Repo|
|Build 202009051622 Repo|
- Install the Eclipse package of your choosing, preferably one that already contains the Java Development Tools
- Open "
Help > Install New Software ..."
- Choose the software site according to the above table and open the Programming Languages category.
- Select these features
- Object Teams Development Tooling: the IDE for Object Teams
- Object Teams Equinox Integration: runtime required by the above feature
- Optionally: Object Teams Equinox Integration - Turbo Add-On: special features of OT/Equinox
- Recommended: un-check "Contact all update sites during install to find required software"
- Click through the wizard upto
- Instead of the recommended restart, cleanly exit Eclipse.
- Freshly start Eclipse from commandline or desktop (this last step is needed to re-read a configuration changed during installation.
- Browse content from the welcome page or from help ("Object Teams Development User Guide").
- Find new icons in "About Eclipse SDK" dialog
- From this about dialog click through to the plug-ins of "Eclipse RCP" and scroll to the "Workbench" plug-in: You should see a note that this plug-in is adapted by two Object Teams plug-ins.
- Install a shipped OT/J example via "
File > New > Example ...", one of
- Stop Watch Example (easiest).
- Observer Example (straight forward).
- Flight Bonus Example (comprehensive, high density of OT/J concepts).
- Order System Example (comprehensive, not quite as dense).
- ATM Example (special demo for guard predicates).
- Release up-to 2.8.1 for Eclipse 2020-06
- For still older versions, you may still consult our old download page at www.objectteams.org for existing releases.
- Official releases (incl. service releases) will never be removed from the server
(old versions may be moved to the archive site, though)
- Milestone builds will be kept until the final release
- No such promises are made for any intermediate ("unstable") versions