Re: [udig-devel] why is the presence of some commands perspective dependent?

This is a consequence of the "Eclipse House Rules" specifically the "other rule".
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Eclipse+House+Rules

When defining a perspective you can list the "preferred options" and then have an "Other..." option to bring up a dialog to choose the rest. Sounds like we are "missing" the Other option in your menu. The idea is you should be able to do anything from any perspective; how many steps that takes is up to the perspective.

Jody

For example the "create layer" from the layer menu.

But it is there in the Map and Alternate Map perspective, just not in
the JGrass one I made :)
I'll have to try to understand why and come back to the list
afterward...

Ciao
Andrea

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:38:57 -0700 Jesse Eichar