[udig-devel] jpeg images on trunc and rc11

After a chat in irc I understood that the trunc udig doesn't keep jpegs
in memory, which doesn't give out of memory problems, but for sure give
running out of lifetime problems. This is related to the new geotools
and I assume this was a choice, since geotiff and other formats now
are greatly enhanced. However I think that the jpeg thing should be
thought over again (asking for ideas), because photos are usually best
compressed in that format and they take a lifetime to load at every
small pan that is made, even at deep zoom, where the prior (RC11) cached
version takes nothing to draw again.

Ciao
Andrea

Back to the top