RE: [tools-pmc] RE: [ve-dev] Contribution on VE with XML editor

ed wrote:
> Parallel IP is not about bypassing the IP process, but rather
> about allowing the committers to make progress while the IP
> process is underway.  There is still an initial review
> required to take advantage of parallel IP and one need to be
> approved to use it based on
> that preliminary review.
>Under no circumstances should
> parallel IP be
> used to subvert the process!
100% in agreement there.
I do not know of any circumstance where this process has been abused (though
Bjorn sure knows better)
I see it as a needed flexibility. But we are ll reasonable grown-ups. Why
would we try to screw things up.
To me both the letter (which is simple and straightforward) and the intent
(to offer flexibility, without surrendering any bit of the all important Ip
reviews and other Eclipse ways) have to be respected in principle, for the
// ip or any other stuffs.
I do not know of any project which has been trying to do malicious things
like that, and there are no reason it starts.
And if it would, it would be duly kicked out and blamed by the community
(not talking about the shame wounds inflicted rightfully by the EMO).

So to recap: none is trying to subvert the IP process in any way.
If I am not happy with it, then that measn I have nothing to do with
Eclipse.org, and I am free to start a project elsewhere, be it a fork or
something else.
That is not what I am talking about here.

The only thing we need (for VE at least) is some flexibility:
VE Committers have expressed their whish to keep the current core code base
and project as is, not move back to incubation. I shall respect that.
We have new contributions comming from serious, law-abiding individuals and
organizations, and I want to keep up our fledgling momentum.

I can do it several ways:
- an incubating component (a novel approach) would be preferred.
- an incubating project, asssuming we would be allowed to avoid duplications
of CVS modules, etc
- a complete separate project

--
Cheers