Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Budget question

Markus -

During 2020, the Eclipse Foundation has provided critical support for delivering Jakarta EE releases and promoting the same:

- For the Jakarta EE 8 Platform which was released last year we have a compatibility and branding process for which we have 10-16 compatible implementations depending on how you count, including Eclipse GlassFish 5.1.0.

- The Eclipse Foundation was instrumental in delivering Jakarta EE 9 Platform and component specifications, enabling the operational forums through which the release was planned and delivered, the compute/build infrastructure for specs, TCKs and Eclipse GlassFish compatible implementation development (and many of the component compatible implementations), chairing of the spec committee that drove the spec process, leading planning for announcing the release, and additional direct contributions to the work of the Specification and Steering Committees.

- The Eclipse Foundation has delivered critical marketing services throughout the year, supporting the marketing committee in areas such as web site management, content creation, placing media artricles, blogs, analyst briefings, press intebiews, sponsored conferences, four LiveStream events, driving and monitoring digital/social media, recruiting new WG members, committers and contributors, collaborations with JUGs, Jakarta YouTube Channel, Tech Talks, driving Jakarta EE Developer Survey and more.

- The above represents a significant amount of activity, which the EF staff contributes extensively to, either by direct delivery, or by coordinating, monitoring and driving to conclusion.

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your contributions to Jakarta EE during CY2020, to the Eclipse Foundation management and staff, and to all of the members of the Jakarta EE Working Group and the Jakarta EE community for their contributions as well.  This has been an unusual and difficult year for many of us, requiring more than the usual amount of flexibility and adaptability.  As this year comes to a close, a big "thank you" to all.   I hope you have the opportunity to take a break, and recharge for 2021.

Will