Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Remove CDT features

BTW, I forgot to mention, I do have some experience with SEGGER J-Link tracing.

With their proprietary technology (very nice otherwise), the application must be extended with instrumentation code, actually some macros, which were generally called in pairs, like INTERRUPT_ENTER/INTERRUPT_EXIT.

These macros called some functions in a library SEGGER provided, which stored the data into a butter.

From this buffer, the J-Link continuously downloaded the data to the debugger, which stored it on disk, for later inspection with a dedicated graphical application.

But in this case everything is proprietary, and requires the J-Link probe.

If you know of an open source solution, that can be visualised in Eclipse, that would be useful.

Regards,

Liviu

> On 23 Sep 2020, at 08:42, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 22 Sep 2020, at 23:47, Bernd Hufmann <bernd.hufmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> about bare-metal traces, there is a project that is called bare-ctf [1] which can be used to create tracers for bare-metal systems. It will output traces in CTF (Common Trace Format) format [2]. Any trace in CTF format can be parsed by default by Trace Compass. Not sure if this what you're looking for.
>
> There's a lot of interesting stuff there, but the bare-ctf project is a python script doing conversion work.
>
> That's fine, but the question is what do I convert? Where is the original trace data coming from? How do I configure the compiler & run-time  to generate the trace data and how do I get it out of a bare-metal device, which is like an isolated island?
>

> Regards,
>
> Liviu

Back to the top