Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Remove CDT features

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 09:37, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Due to an issue with the Qt plug-ins when running with Java 15, Jonah suggested to remove them from the Embedded CDT package.

Just to clarify - I didn't mean to suggest that. I was just trying to suggest a workaround to remove them from whatever you were doing at the time as an alternative to downgrading from Java 15.

I have no idea if Qt is useful or valuable to the Embedded CDT Packaged Product.

If we are going to slightly deviate from CDT, perhaps there are other packages that should be made optional as well.

CDT is the project, the C/C++ EPP is what I believe you are deviating from. There are many features in the C/C++ EPP that do not come from CDT.

Any suggestions?

I'll leave that to others, this is outside my domain knowledge.

HTH,
Jonah

Liviu