Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Kepler Status

On 05/24/2013 11:40 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 05/24/2013 05:34 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
What is relevant is that I'm not sure that the definition of "service
release" is met if there is a breaking change and would like the PMC
involved in the discussion.
Hi Wayne,

do we have a definition of the term "service release" somewhere? I
couldn't find one the web.

Actually, I believe Wim originally called it a "maintenance release" which:

A maintenance release (also minor release) is a release of a product that does not add new features or content. For instance, in computer software, maintenance releases are typically intended to solve minor problems, typically "bugs" or security issues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maintenance_release

Eclipse Webmaster -- http://www.eclipse.org/
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Webmaster_FAQ

Back to the top