Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Kepler Status

FWIW, I don't use any service to trigger alerts.

I monitor a lot of project mailing lists. It was the perfect storm of having ECF's contribution of a service release to Kepler on the fore-front of my mind combined with the word "API breakage" that caught my attention.

Unfortunately, while I am a big fan of ECF, I don't actually consume it and so don't pay particularly close attention to every nuance of every conversation. So, I was unable to weigh in when the issue was first broached. Likewise, you cannot assume that the PMC will be fully aware of every conversation that occurs your project mailing list.

Bundle versioning is independent of the release process. I don't think that this is relevant here.

What is relevant is that I'm not sure that the definition of "service release" is met if there is a breaking change and would like the PMC involved in the discussion.

HTH,

Wayne