Re: [udig-devel] [Neo] GSoC Interest: Neo4j in uDIG and, Geotools

Hi Cesar,

The Neo4j-uDIG project is based on the 'Neo4j Spatial' project we are working on, as described on the wiki page:
  http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Neo4j_Spatial

That core project focuses on storage and indexing, and sees the Geotools, web-app, desktop-app stack further possible extensions. The GSoC project I'm offering to mentor will focus on the full application stack on top of Neo4j Spatial. We are interested in both a web-app and a desktop app stack, but I only offered to mentor the uDIG option because that is the only stack I'm personally familiar with.

Currently we do most Neo4j incubation in the Neo4j SVN server, but are actually doing the initial Spatial work on github. We plan to do the GSoc project on github also, with the wiki on the Neo4j Wiki, and relevant links from the uDIG and Geotools wikis. Once the project is mature, we would like to update the uDIG and Geotools wikis with user documentation.

I would welcome discussing this with you in more detail. You are welcome to contact me directly at craig (at) amanzi.com.

Regards, Craig