Re: [udig-devel] holongate vs. SWT_AWT bridge

Well, just something to consider. Apple has recently seeded the Java 1.5 beta DP (developer preview) for the OS X Tiger beta. This seems to follow what Jody says with a guesstimated release data of March '05, along with Tiger.

A google for ' java 1.5 "os x" ' shows a couple hacks people have done to get some 1.5 functionality in OS X and Apple does have a couple newer versions of JDK 1.4.2 available as developer previews. Besides the fact that either of those options may not solve the problem, that's also a hefty prerequisite for running uDig.

Matt