Re: [tycho-user] Bundle JRE within product export

Hej,
Am 04.05.2011 13:19, schrieb Oberlies, Tobias:

I can give you pointers for your questions (see below), but you'll still need
> to figure out the details yourself. Please share your results on the mailing list
> in case you find out something interesting.

Thanks a lot! Since this one is a show stopper right now, I will investigate some more on this issue.

You need the maven-dependency-plugin goal "copy". There is good documentation
for this goal on the maven.apache.org website. If you have your own Nexus instance
> (there is a free version), you can create a hosted repository and upload any files to it.

Okay, Nexus is to come anyway. We use local build environments (under ressource control though) with the tycho-unsupported location type "Directory" on the target definition, which therefore have to be transformed to local p2 repositories previous to the build session (featuring org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher). I scripted this and it works, but I feel a litle uncomfortable about that. A central Nexus instance hosting all of our stable features and plugins sounds very promising.

- If the JRE-copying works, I don't know how to make the exported
product use that bundled JRE (and not the systems one).

The native launcher (e.g. eclipse.exe) checks the corresponding ini file
> (i.e. eclipse.ini) for a -vm parameter. With that parameter should be able to
> specify a relative location of the java.exe.

Thanks for the hint. But maybe there is actually no need to do so, perhaps the launcher looks for a 'jre' folder at the project root path himself (at least our products created with the PDE export use their local JRE without having such a parameter defined).

You should be able to add lines to the eclipse.ini through the product
> definition (tab "Launching"). You'll need to use the tycho-p2-director-plugin for
> building the product [1] for this to work.

Ack, I've learned this the hard way these days, and switched from eclipse-application to eclipse-repository (with director afterwards). I hope there will be some 'official' documentation soon.

Best regards,
Mirko

Back to the top