Re: [tycho-user] Bundle JRE within product export

Hi Mirko,

I can give you pointers for your questions (see below), but you'll still need to figure out the details yourself. Please share your results on the mailing list in case you find out something interesting.

Regards
Tobias

You need the maven-dependency-plugin goal "copy". There is good documentation for this goal on the maven.apache.org website.

If you have your own Nexus instance (there is a free version), you can create a hosted repository and upload any files to it.

> - If the JRE-copying works, I don't know how to make the exported
> product use that bundled JRE (and not the systems one).

The native launcher (e.g. eclipse.exe) checks the corresponding ini file (i.e. eclipse.ini) for a -vm parameter. With that parameter should be able to specify a relative location of the java.exe.

You should be able to add lines to the eclipse.ini through the product definition (tab "Launching"). You'll need to use the tycho-p2-director-plugin for building the product [1] for this to work.

[1] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/PackagingTypes#PackagingTypes-CreatingProductZipFiles

> - And finally: Is there a way to obtain a recent JRE from Oracle without
> the need to execute an installer (which I can't when building and target
> platform differ (build system here is linux64, target system win32)).

Sorry, no idea.