Re: [tracecompass-dev] Fixes for simple warnings in Eclipse Problems view

On 08/27/2016 03:28 PM, Ruediger Gad wrote:
Hi,

thank you very much for your reply and for your feedback on the first
two changes I committed:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/79668/
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/79674/

I hope that my questions are not too verbose.
I am still trying to find my way around.

 From my understanding of your feedback to both changes, these changes
are "blocked" until a later time, when the dependencies respectively the
API can be officially changed, which makes perfect sense to me.
However, I have two more questions about the general processes of how
you handle changes and feedback to them:

What would be the appropriate way to proceed with these open issues?
Should I leave them as they are in Gerrit right now or put them to
"abandoned".
Please abandon them since they won't be merged soon.
With respect to the discussion about these issues.
Is it OK to reply via the mailing-list or should I have replied to these
issues in Gerrit?
This is case by case. For discussions directly on the current implementation of a patch where the patch goes in the right direction, it's ok to have them on Gerrit. If they are discussions needed on the overall design then a bug report / mailing list discussion is often better.

Thanks again for the interest in Trace Compass. Hope we will see more contributions from your side.

Regards
Bernd

Thanks a lot again for the replies and BR,

Ruediger