The behavior occurs because the lateral movement during lane changing is independent of the apparent "lateral" movement that occurs on the zipper merge. Once the vehicle comes out of the zipper merge it finds itself in the middle of the started lanechange maneuver and simply completes it.
The problem is more severe if there is no further lane to change to: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/12663
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Am Do., 16. Feb. 2023 um 21:22 Uhr schrieb Jordan Poots <jordan.poots@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Jakob,

I have attachd the appropriate files for lane hopping and removed therandom seed so the default seed is being used. I will work on reproducing the failed collision detection but this is more time consuming.

Kind regards,

Jordan

From: sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 16 February 2023 13:24
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Lane hopping and emergency braking at zipper

Thanks for the examples, unfortunately, I cannot run them because they make use of sumo option --random. (The traci commands no longer match the required simulation state, i.e. vehicle ids are not present at the assumed time).
If you want to have randomness in a reproducible way you need to use option --seed SEED with different values of SEED. Then you can send me the seed that shows the relevant behavior.

regards,
Jakob