Re: [sumo-user] Collisions even with collision avoidance?

laneChangeMode 256 permits to create a dangerous situation. If the situation is sufficiently dangerous, the default vehicle behavior will not prevent collisions.
If you want to avoid collisions, either use 512 or perform some additional checks on the front and back gaps so that other vehicles will not "overract". (undercutting the safe gaps by a little bit is usually not a problem). You can compute safe gaps with traci.vehicle.getSecureGap.