Re: [stp-dev] Suggestion for extra pages in STP wiki

I also believe wikis are an effective medium of communication and collaboration.   In contrast with David's opinion, I find wikis to be more up-to-date because they make it easy to update the content.   I do think the structure aspect is a challenge but that's true of any documentation effort.   But more importantly, I have noticed wikis lower the barrier to documentation contributions which is very important for open-source projects.  Programmers tend to want to spend as little time as possible on documentation and my observation is that wikis make that precious little time more impactful...

regards,
alex

Back to the top