Re: [soc-dev] Open and transparent

Discussing your project proposals in the project mailing lists is a good thing. You should be doing that.

However, it's important to keep in mind that you need the support of several mentors if your proposal is to be accepted. To get that support, you need to make sure that we are all aware of the proposal and its value to the Eclipse Community.

I think that these really are two different kinds of discussion. Mentors will be more concerned about value of the proposal to the Eclipse community, and whether or not you'll be able to deliver. The projects will likely be more focused on specific technical details.

Mentors, please register with GSoC.

http://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012

Wayne