Re: [rt-pmc] Vert.x 2.1.0 release

On 12/03/2014 2:15 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:
anyway, the issue has been talked about in depth and to death imo...someone needs to put funding behind solving the issue and that is outside of the scope of the RT group

For the record, a statement from the RT PMC on what a new policy would look like, and the pain the current policy is causing would be very timely. We are just starting to discuss this exact issue at the Board, and this group's advice would be most helpful.

Just in case you're wondering why we're re-visiting this topic now, it's because we are starting to get a number of project showing up at Eclipse using node.js. And if you think we have reservations about Maven Central, and managing the world of Java dependencies, try to imagine how we're feeling about npm :)

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseCon