Re: [rt-pmc] Vert.x 2.1.0 release

On 12/03/2014 1:44 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:
Eclipse IP has expressed concern historically about the integrity of the maven central repository.

I actually do not think that is an accurate statement. At least not if you take the sentence in isolation.

As far as I know, Eclipse does not have any concerns with the integrity of Maven Central. The issue is that there is no assurance that the jars pulled from Maven Central are the ones which were reviewed and approved by the IP team. There are also many projects at Eclipse which are relying on jar files which are a subset of the ones which are hosted on Maven Central. Those two issues combined are the reason we point project builds to repo.eclipse.org and Orbit.

I hope that helps.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx