Re: [platform-dev] Turn on protected branches?

For example https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.resources/pull/4 has been rebuilt 14 times https://ci.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse.platform.resources/job/PR-4/ even though there has only been a single commit on that PR.

FYI, this would not happen if you changed the 10-min polling for indexing branches now that you have webhook triggered builds. We recommend to keep a 1 day interval to resync with the repo on a regular basis in case something has been missed, but not more often.

We also recommend to change the Discover pull requests from origin and Discover pull requests from forks strategies from Merging the pull request with the current target branch revision to The current pull request revision. This would prevent a rebuild on reindexing if the target branch has changed since last commit

HTH

Mikaël Barbero
Manager — Release Engineering and Technology | Eclipse Foundation
🐦 @mikbarbero