Re: [platform-dev] [eclipse-dev] eclipse.platform.runtime & eclipse.platform.resources moved to GitHub

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 9:46 AM <jkubitz-eclipse@xxxxxx> wrote:

Well, if direct pushing to the repository is disallowed it should be disabled. I accidently made my first error with not creating a PR. And got nor error message. Highly confusing.

Committers still and forever will have direct access to the Git repo. Having push capabilities to project repo is the very essence of being a committer over being a contributor.

If possible the error message should provide a link to a how-to-contribute.

Good idea.  However we don't have a good CONTRIBUTING.md file at hand that we can add to repos while we're migrating them to GitHub. Someone who feels the need for it needs to step in to write such a good doc in the right expected grain, and make a suggestion to https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/issues/24 to include such doc as we migrate repos.

Back to the top