Re: [platform-dev] New Website

* We go with hugo/markdown
* We (myself and anyone that wants to step in) evaluate every document on the website and either convert it or not.
* When we have questions, we contact this list or create issues in the new GitHub site
* Every step we take will be visible in Git and immediately on https://testuser:plaintext@staging.eclipse.org/eclipse
* When we encounter a dynamic page (acknowledgment, plan, whatever) we figure out what needs to be done
* When the site is ready, we have a list of pages NOT included in the new site (we don't add anything). This list will be brought to the PMC
* After PMC approval we go live

OK, I think you can bring this plan to the PMC.
One question: would it be possible for the site to contain a mix of hugo/markdown and HTML/PHP ? That would IMO allow to transition right now: we start with the Git repo containing same content as www.eclipse.org/eclipse repo (including dynamic content) and then we can apply the already existing changes and keep transitioning progressively, and go live to eclipse.org/eclipse with this repo.
IMO, if we can avoid relying on staging.eclipse.org and have only 1 Git repo to care about in production and development; we'll be much more efficient.

Back to the top