Re: [platform-dev] New Website

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 3:22 PM Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was going to respond to your reply but, frankly, I don't have the energy. I find it mistrusting and bureaucratic, while in fact, I am already taking every precaution to make this a risc-free transit ^^

Sorry about this being mistrusting and bureaucratic; but on the other hand this is sometimes useful to ensure that resources and energy is optimized and that value/risk ratio is good. At the moment, I don't understand what's risl-free here: what would be the minimum viable product, what are the iterations towards that, how can others be involved, how can we ship incrementally, when can we assume this transition is done, how long would that take...? All that are things to take into account in risk assessment and I didn't see anything on that matter.
Maybe all that is clear to you, but so far, I don't think you made all this explicit, so yes, it's hard for me to trust someone on a long term goal without them going into some details of how this is going to be implemented. So please propose a concrete plan taking into account the legacy of the current website and some milestones we can deploy incrementally.
To me, instead of something being incubated in yet-another-platform-repo for some time, with the risk of going into trash when no one is willing to complete the work (and the definition of "complete work" is yet unknown here); it's better to roll out a plan that happens against an official Platform repo that we all agree is the reference.

Have you looked at the "plan" on the website in the past 4 years?

I agree many documents can probably be discarded, and a cleanup would help in migrating to a new website without too much effort IMO. I think you can already submit Gerrit patches suggesting to drop some documents and get PMC to agree on removal.

Back to the top