[orion-dev] Orion Editor Themes

Hi Anton,

Thanks really for your feedback. And yes, I have discovered this morning the theme builder in the Orion's settings and that's really beautiful. And also thank you very much for pointing me to your blog post. My subconscious did take the idea there since it is one of the first posts I have read about Orion. Right now, I was trying to put things into their context by reading your las aventuras. And my sincere congratulations for your good writing. And with what I have read and with what I have played around with this morning, I can clearly make the distinction between the two theming concepts you have. Orion Editor Theming and Orion Theming do not definitely mean the same thing since the last one does determine the entire look of the application. And I have basically the same concept but it is called Multi-Templating ( look and feel + layout). Right now when you are using my application, you are in fact seeing the visual appearance of my first back-end template :

1) http://youcontrol.lamine.cloudbees.net/faces/admin/templates/edit.xhtml?id=bluestork

And the menus does come from the metadata of my pluggable modules. And maybe, this kind of system will remind you that of one IDE :

<module>

<menus>
<menu label="Extensions">
<menuitem  label="Editors" view="/"/>
</menu>
</menus>

</module>

For more about the templating stuff, please read the Joomla docs :

2) http://docs.joomla.org/Introduction_to_Joomla!_templates

Now, what I want to do is to try to integrate your work as an Orion Theme Editor into my application and after I will give you my feedback. Basically I want to open a theme file, get its data and give it to your tool, do my job and after save back things. Hope things will be easy. I'm really crossing my fingers...

Best Regards
Lamine