Re: [orion-dev] Proposals for enhancement to ContentAssist

> I have no idea how plugins can provide CSS-Styles and what security
> concerns this would bring in the web orion space because I'm coming from
> the embedded story only.

Understood.  We are largely in the same situation.  We are using the
Orion editor without the server and have very different security
concerns.  I am not an expert in this area.  I only know that an
earlier proposal by me was rejected due to security.  Perhaps someone
more familiar with this issue can comment.

> > 2. Perhaps instead of a styleClass, you simply provide an icon (just a
> > url to an icon that you want to use).  And delegate the rest of the
> > styling to the segments.  Or is there something more fundamental that
> > you would like the styleClass to handle?
>
> Having an icon only would probably do the trick. I thought a styleClass
> would be nicer and provide users more possibilities but if there's a
> security concern with using a styleClass, an image would be enough for
> my use case as at the moment.

The way that you are doing things now requires a fixed set of styles
in embeddededitor.css.  This may be fine, but where do we draw the
line as to which styles should be included?  The three styles that you
have now are specific to Java and JavaFX.  They don't make sense for
JS, HTML, or CSS.  We'd need separate styles for all of them, plus any
other languages and markup Orion is going to officially support.  And
we couldn't support anything else.  For this reason, an img url would
be best.

Lastly, regarding #3, maintaining compatibility with css makes sense.
So, keeping "color" and adding "background-color" would probably be
the way to go.

If you code it up, I will review it.  Did you already raise a bugzilla
for this?  Also, goes without saying, but make sure that backwards
compatibility is maintained.

Back to the top