Re: [orbit-dev] Problem with com.github.jnr.posix provided through Orbit

On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 12:48 +0200, Fabian Pfaff wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I've already written to Tony Homer about this as he was referenced
> as Orbit Contact for this package but since he's currently not actively
> participating in Orbit he asked me to ask for assistance on the mailing
> list.
>
> I've ran into an error also described here
> https://github.com/jnr/jnr-posix/issues/136 while
> developing an Eclipse IDE plug-in.
>
> I'm using
> https://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20210602031627/repository
> The OSGI Bundle version provided by the Eclipse Orbit
> doesn't seem to have working native POSIX support.
> The suggested fix in the GitHub issue with
> `DynamicImport-Package: *` doesn't work for me.
>
> My code:
>
>         POSIX posix = POSIXFactory.getNativePOSIX();
>         posix.setenv("IDE", "ECLIPSE", 1);
>

> When I'm running the same code in a Gradle project on the same machine
> it just works.
>
> Is this something that has to fixed upstream?
> Can this be fixed in the Orbit packaging process?

I ran into this a while ago when first creating the stack in OSGi. I
opted to do a Require-Bundle on those used through reflection :

https://git.eclipse.org/c/orbit/orbit-recipes.git/tree/github/jnr/com.github.jnr.unixsocket_0.28.0/osgi.bnd

I suspect the same approach is probably needed for jnr.posix. If adding
those lines for Require-Bundle fixes things, we can probably update the
package. If you can create a patch for this on
https://git.eclipse.org/r/q/project:orbit%252Forbit-recipes+status:open
that would be great. Otherwise, I can probably quickly make one but I'd
just need to know if the result fixes things.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top