Re: [mosquitto-dev] Problems using Mosquitto Broker

I don't know. I guess TCP send/rcv buffer size had been reduced by your Windows kernel while you are using some other apps which need much memory, thus mosquitto clients' packet list and size get increased due to network throughput decreased, and mosquitto would discard some packets if the clients' inflight list and queued list both saturated. For that case, you can find log such as "Outgoing messages are being dropped for client xxx" if you have opened "log_type notice" in mosquitto.conf.

From: mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of michele conficconi <conficconimichele@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:00:02 PM
To: General development discussions for the mosquitto project
Subject: Re: [mosquitto-dev] Problems using Mosquitto Broker

I found the packet loss from a program I created:
Basically I send each message with a counter which keeps increasing as a new message is sent (this is my publisher).
The subscriber reads each message and compares the counter with the previous one so that it understands if some packet has been lost or not, If the two numbers are consecutive, no data has been lost.

how did you find the packet loss? with err log like "Outgoing messages are being dropped for client xxx"?

otherwise, the console log could not be used as the evidence I think😉