Re: [mosquitto-dev] Design brief for a new Mosquitto logo

Hi Roger, all,

Should we start the contest then?
I agree with your point on leaving the door open to any color suggestions. Feel free to send me off-list the list of logo styles you’ve shortlisted from 99designs.

FWIW here’s the latest version of the brief I have:

Name to incorporate in the logo:
Mosquitto

Description of the organization and its target audience:
We need a new logo for our open source software project Eclipse Mosquitto – https://www.eclipse.org/mosquitto/
The current logo is attached to the brief. There is an obvious pun on Mosquito/Mosquitto, that you may want to keep in mind for your designs.

Mosquitto is a software component that can be installed on a server to allow devices (the "things" of the "Internet of Things" to communicate with each other) to communicate with each other.
Mosquitto implements a very popular standard called MQTT (which is also why "Mosquitto" is spelt with a double t, as it contains the letters M, Q, T, T). MQTT allows the devices to send and receive data by "talking" to a Mosquitto server. The logo of the MQTT protocol is attached to this brief. Compared to other MQTT servers, Mosquitto is meant to be very simple to use, in addition to being completely open-source.

The Eclipse Mosquitto project is part of a larger ecosystem of open-source projects called “Eclipse IoT”. The Eclipse IoT website is available at http://iot.eclipse.org and the logo of Eclipse IoT is attached to the brief – while not mandatory, we encourage designers to provide logos that convey the idea of Mosquitto belonging to the Eclipse IoT brand.

Industry:
Technology

Notes:
Some important keywords relevant to Hono that we would like somehow to be represented in our logo:
* Internet of Things
* Communication
* Connecting / talking

Cheers,