Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto turnkey installation

Louis -

This would be a lot more useful to me, and my ops compatriots, as a Docker container. We used to use Chef but have found containerized deployments much easier to deploy and manage, not least because the contained software can explicitly declare which OS it's expected to run on. Just my .02, as someone who does this stuff for a living.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Jan-Piet Mens <jpmens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ansible playbook: install Mosquitto on Ubuntu

You've gone to a lot of work here for which due respect, particularly on
how you used the absolutely awful `lineinfile' module to massage stuff
into files...

I think a decent Ansible playbook/role would be good to have, but I very
strongly recommend you use, say, the `shell' module to run the TLS
generate-CA.sh on the target host; I think that's much easier to
maintain, and it would substantially reduce the size and complexity of
the playbook. Also, instead of `lineinfile' please look at `template'
which will greatly increase readability of what you're attempting to
accomplish.

Regards,

        -JP