[mosquitto-dev] Error: Couldn't open database.

Hi,

I'm running Mosquitto 1.4 with websockets support.  I've been deploying a new server, so rebuilt the binaries (as per my own instructions).  However, they fail on start-up with the error (in the log file):-
Error: Couldn't open database.

If I delete the .db files from /var/lib/mosquitto, then the brokers start fine.

The files look like they have the correct ownerships (I run it under a service user account also called "mosquitto").

$ ls -l /var/lib/mosquitto/
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 mosquitto mosquitto 2530 Feb 15 10:33 mosquitto-external.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 mosquitto mosquitto 4138 Feb 15 10:41 mosquitto-internal.db

I can't see any other diagnostic information.

I've not seen this behaviour on the other machines I've built mosquitto.  The only difference of which I'm aware is that the other machines I've deployed were built from the code in Bitbucket whereas this one cloned the repo from Eclipse's git,  All of the machines are running Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks,

J.

Back to the top