RE: [mdt-papyrus.dev] [Fwd: RE: [modeling-pmc] Project planning]

Etienne,

Note that a project/component doesn’t have to be on “the train” in order to have a Galileo release, i.e. release at the same time as the Galileo train. The Papyrus team should take a look at the requirements for participating in the release train (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo_Simultaneous_Release) and make a decision as to whether it would be feasible for Papyrus to be included. In particular, note that by January 5 (for M4+3 projects) the following requirements must be met:

Projects must have stated and demonstrated their intent to join Galileo by the M4+0 date. Projects do so by adding themselves to the table/list above, by signing off each milestone/RC on the Galileo/Signoffs page, and by contributing appropriate build contribution.

Projects must have an project plan in XML format.

At least one person from each project must subscribe to cross-project bug inbox, i.e. edit Bugzilla prefs to watch "cross-project.inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx". Build team members (or their designated alternates) from each project will provide communication channels: phone, mail, IM, IRC and will be available during the milestone integration periods.

Project representatives must attend the planning meetings and conference calls - you have to be involved to be involved.

Projects must use Eclipse message bundles unless there are technical reasons not to. (see Message Bundle Conversion Tool and [1])

Projects must use signed plugins using the Eclipse certificate. Exceptions must be authorized by the planning council for technical reasons.

Projects must have build process maturity: scripted, repeatable, and executable by others.

Any new third-party plug-ins that are common between projects must be consumed via Orbit; the final Galileo release will not have duplicate third-party libraries (note that this only applies to identical versions of the libraries; thus if project A requires foo.jar 1.6 and project B uses foo.jar 1.7, that's ok).

Projects must optimize their own update site using pack200 to reduce bandwidth utilization and provide a better update experience for users. With the introduction of p2, project update sites must generate metadata (artifact and content repository info).

I’d be happy to help with this, in any way I can, if you decide that you want to be on the train.

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey
Program Manager, Modeling and Design Solutions

[Embarcadero Technologies Logo]

Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. | www.embarcadero.com
82 Peter Street, Second Floor | TorontoON  M5V 2G5
Kenn.Hussey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx