Re: [m2e-users] Plugin execution not coveredby lifecycleconfiguration

Igor,

What about a LifeCycleMapping contribution preference page. Something where lifecyclemappings can be contributed to a Preference Page in eclipse, they can be imported and exported. This way an eclipse plugin is not necessary for those that need just basic configuration.

Another suggestion is to add a simple Sources and Resources configuration section to the lifecycle mappings.

So if somebody wants the action to be <execute/>  they can also add:

<sources>
<source>target/generated-sources/somefolder</source>
</sources>
<resources>
<resource>target/generated-resources/somefolder</source>
</resources>

This way you put more of the configuration and maintenance into manageable Lifceyclemapping.xml files that can be distributed and shared amongst team members.

I do think keeping the plugin contribution ability is a good thing, but also think we need to give the user a bit more control. Plus this way, you don't have to store stuff in the POM, it's stored in the Eclipse Preferences, and can be imported and exported. It's keeping the eclipse specific items with eclipse with out having to clutter up the poms with eclipse specific items.

Dave