Re: [linuxtools-dev] [Fwd: [linux-distros-dev] System Tap merge]

Andrew Overholt wrote:
* Anithra P Janakiraman <anithra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-04-30 03:57]:
Are we  allowed to schedule a minor/major release for a subproject
independent of the linux tools project?

If we need to, yes.

Also , the only download mechanism i see in the wiki is through Update Manager.

We have a zip of the update site as well but people should really be
using the update site where possible.

For the RCP version we would need to make the binary tarball available
for download.  Will that be a problem?.

What would the contents of the binary tarball be?  Would we be
re-distributing, the delta pack?  All of the RCP binary?  If there are
other eclipse.org projects that do this I'd be more comfortable with it.
I can speak to the PMC if we decide we want to do this

The tarballs that are in sourceforge have everything.. the entire RCP binary. Can we shelve this idea for the time being and revisit once the plugin version is integrated and working?. Frankly, cos i'm new here i'm unable to forsee if there will be issues or not. Don't want to jump the gun.
Thanks,
Anithra.

Back to the top