Re: [kura-dev] Kura and mToolkit

Hi Jens,

I've created a Karaf feature for the ECF Bundle Manager here:

http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/kuratest/karaf4-features.xml

You can install this directly on a Karaf4/Java8 instance.  Note that it requires the Karaf scr feature to be installed.

When installed, it will export an instance of the IBundleManager remote service [1] and print to the karaf console the OSGI Endpoint Description Extender Format (EDEF) xml metadata for the remote service.  This is configurable, and it has defaults/System.out for test purposes.

This feature only creates the IBundleManager, but also available are the managers described here [2], any of which may be easily added.  Other remote services can/could easily be created (e.g. remote configuration, remote access to kura services, etc).

All of these remote services can be exported via an MQTT Provider [3], so a separate server is not necessary.

We also have an Eclipse UI/views for using the IBundleManager.   Please let me know if you would like to try that and I will create and point you at the p2 repos.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/ECF/OSGIRemoteManagement/blob/master/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.mgmt.framework/src/org/eclipse/ecf/mgmt/framework/IBundleManager.java
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html
[3] https://github.com/ECF/Mqtt-Provider