Re: [jta-dev] Jakarta Transactions 2.0 for Jakarta EE 9 remaining items

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 11:38, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 23:47, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 1, 2020, at 5:34 AM, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 09:56, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 11:42, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 01:50, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great progress.  Do you think we could be complete end of day Thursday so that the spec committee could start the final ballot Friday morning?

It depends a bit on whether we need the TCK promoted (please see below) and how easy it is to do the certification request correctly (I assume we need to use a build provided by Glassfish and so we probably need to synchronize with them - please see below).

Perhaps we could use a weekly build of Glassfish but given when I released the recent updated Jakarta Transactions that weekly build of Glassfish I guess will be on the 4th October:

I don't have an ETA for the TCK to be promoted yet so that is an unknown right now:

Once we have those we can prepare the certification request - can we raise that when we just have a PR on glassfish for them to update their website or does the page need to be live?

I have provided an update in https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jta-api/issues/156 for the next steps

Sounds great.  Looks like Scott is awaiting your go-head to promote the TCK and when that is done those steps in #156 look very accurate.

While that's in progress, could you check off some of the items on this checklist?

These items can all be done now:

 - Specification PDF in the form of jakarta-wombat-spec-x.y.pdf
 - Specification HTML in the form of jakarta-wombat-spec-x.y.html
 - A specification page named _index.md without final branding and versions
 - Specification JavaDoc in the wombat/x.y/apidocs directory

I haven't generated a Final version of the specification yet - I could do it now but if we regenerate it then I am wondering if it might be a bit strange to have multiple versions that have the word final in? I can certainly update the PR with the last draft though. That said, I may have generated a final version of the Javadocs (and unless we restage the API these shouldn't change) so I can update the PR with those and I can take a look at the _index.md.

Although I updated the _index.md I didn't tick "A specification page named _index.md following the template at: " because I still need to update the link to the compatible implementation (would this be the weekly build of Glassfish I am expecting to use after Sunday?) and the "(draft)" notation for the title. I did upload revised versions of the specification documents but I didn't tick the box as they are not the "Final Release" marked ones. I did tick the box for the Specification JavaDoc.

-David