Re: [jgit-dev] Font sizes in gerrit

On 22 Feb 2010, at 21:45, Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

måndagen den 22 februari 2010 10.40.06 skrev  Alex Blewitt:
font-family: 'Lucida Console', 'Lucida Sans Typewriter', Monaco, monospace;

font-size: 8pt;

What does that font size look like in a separate browser window?

It's not as easy to do in ff as in Konqueror/Safari and that probably messes
with other sites.

What I should have said is "if you create a new HTML file with an element with the above style" then do you see the same miniature font size?

The element style is applied to a TD from the code that I inspected. There was a parent element with font-size small so I'm wondering of there's some sort of doubling of effect rather than a replacement of the size.

That said, I've never really liked putting font-size: small or explicit point sizes in stulesheets since invariably different browsers have different ways of doing it.

In Safari's case, there is a minimum display font size (separately) for fixed-width and variable width fonts - so it may be that is kicking in and make it artificially bigger on Safari.

Alex

Back to the top