Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Moving MicroProfile JWT to JakartaSecurity?

>Isn't that an opportunity where Jakarta Security could reference MP JWT?

>i.e. the MP JWT specification doesn't specify how it is implemented, but the Jakarta Security specification could reference the MP JWT APIs and configuration and define how these are >implemented in Jakarta Security?

It would lead to cyclic dependencies, for Jakarta Security alone both CDI and JSON Processing, and assuming multiple Jakarta EE APIs wanted to consume MP APIs, that potentially gets worse.

https://microprofile.io/2021/12/07/microprofile-5-0-release/ lags behind Jakarta EE 10 until at least 10, so a Security API Catering towards Jakarta EE 11 already had to use a MP JWT API based on much older APIs like CDI 3 etc.

Then there are even some „outside the umbrella“ like MP GraphQL 1.1 that were not even upgraded and are still on the API Level of MP 4.1, hence if they consume any Jakarta EE APIs then it gets even worse using those as well.

Werner