Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Moving MicroProfile JWT to JakartaSecurity?

Hi,

I don't see a problem here, or how that correlates with OmniFaces.

OmniFaces (the Faces library) contains a number of enhancements for Jakarta Faces. Despite these enhancements already existing in OmniFaces, we added several to the Faces specification and (re) implemented these in Mojarra. There's value in standardizing functionality that's essentially already there. It's basically a large part of the value proposition of Jakarta EE.

From the point of view of Jakarta EE, any MicroProfile lib is essentially just an external lib, just as OmniFaces is an external lib.

So if you're saying: SmallRye (for instance) already implements JWT, so we don't have to add it to Jakarta Security, it's essentially the same as saying OmniFaces already implements exensionless URLs, so we don't have to add it to Jakarta Faces.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top