Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

> On Oct 6, 2022, at 12:02 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 6:57 PM David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Agree with Mark.  I think this sums it up pretty well.
>
> In other words, and with the advantage of hindsight, was Jakarta EE 9.1 a (big) mistake?

I don't know about mistake, but we did skip 9 and go straight to 9.1.  Customers wanted Java 11, we didn't have the resources to do both, so 9 got skipped.

It's really more about what's in the release versus what the version number is.

-David

Back to the top