Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 6:02 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It could be useful as an internal milestone for the TCK. However I don't see the benefit of releasing externally as it is more restrictive than Jakarta EE 10

Perhaps paradoxically, but being more restrictive here is in a way actually empowering. Users don't have to worry about JDK 11 code, and are more free to use JDK 17 code. Even more so, Library vendors targeting Jakarta EE 10.1 also don't have to worry about JDK 11 support, and can more freely use JDK 17. In a way, JDK 11 support is this big heavyweight ball and chain for the period for which we could be targeting EE 10.1 (Q1 2023?).

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top