Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [ejb-dev] [External] : Please giveyour estimate of when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs...

A couple of points -- I hope these clarify --

1) there is no stand-alone TCK for Jakarta Enterprise Beans. If Enterprise Beans TCK changes, the Jakarta EE Platform TCK (a.k.a. CTS) is updated and a new version is required. This is true for any Spec. that doesn't have a stand-alone TCK (Platform, Web Profile, Enterprise Beans, Enterprise Web Services, Interceptors, Managed Beans, Web Services Metadata).

2) if a TCK released in 9.0 passes both JDK 11 and JDK 8 without change, it doesn't need to be re-released but a compatible implementation must submit a compatibility certification issue showing JDK 11.

3) Any TCK that must be rebuilt, even if there wasn't believed to be a required change must be released again -- if for no other reason, the SHA sums will no longer match.

(Clarifying 2 above) Since there was no Compatible Implementation requirement for component implementations to pass JDK 11 with the 9.0 release, all specifications must verify their TCK against a compatible implementation before we can claim those components meet the requirement of working on JDK11. So, at the least, Compatible Implementation issues for each spec. will be needed -- even if the TCK isn't updated.

One more reminder, compatible products must add Jakarta XML Binding TCK results for platforms, when certifying with JDK 11 or higher (along with their results for DI, CDI and Bean Validation).

-- Ed