Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [ejb-dev] [External] : Please giveyour estimate of when you will complete your tasks for Jakarta EE 9.1 TCKs...

On 3/19/21, 6:22 PM, "jakartaee-platform-dev on behalf of David Blevins" <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > On Mar 19, 2021, at 9:26 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > but David first said just release the 9.0 content unchanged with a new number and then mentioned spec XYZ indeed requires new Tests.

    You interpreted that differently than what I intended to communicate.

    If a scenario existed where there was no TCK changes a pragmatic way to handle that would be to simply upload the TCK again with an updated file version.  The statement was intended to get ahead of complaints about extra "work" in scenarios were it could be avoided.

this solution may introduce a version number mismatch between the file name and included User Guide in some cases, may not be a big deal but anyway... Also not sure if TCK itself is printing out its exact version somewhere, that could be another source of confusion going forward

thanks,
--lukas

    -David